Current Studies: (all study groups meet at Lutheran Church of Hope unless noted otherwise)
- Click here to subscribe to 10W, a short commuter worship service recorded by several Lutheran pastors in Anchorage, including Pastor Julia.
- Bible Exploration: Lenten Series
Every Sunday at 9:00 AM
Week 4, March 11: I AM the Good Shepherd (John 10:11-18)
Week 5, March 18: I AM the Resurrection and the Life (John 11:17-27)
- Join Intern Pastor Kate for a 6-week course covering WHAT evangelism is; WHY evangelism ought be done; WHO ought be doing it; HOW to evangelize; and WHEN and WHERE one might want to consider evangelizing. The sixth session is a "NOW WHAT?" looking at what you want to do with the learning of the previous five weeks. Each week will feature a short reading and activity/ exercise to be done beforehand (materials coming soon!). Everything is introvert-friendly; extroverts are welcome, too.
We will meet from 12-1 each Friday beginning 2/16. Don’t forget your lunch. Intern Pastor Kate will also be offering condensed dual sessions Tuesday evenings from 6-8:30 for those with limited time. Send any questions, concerns, suggestions to Intern Pastor Kate email@example.com
- Lenten Soup Suppers will be held every Wednesday during Lent, beginning on February 21. Join us at 5:30 PM for soup, 6:15 PM for Bible study, and 7:00 PM for a brief worship service. Please take a look at the sign-up sheet in the Narthex to volunteer to bring soup, vegetarian soup, and/or bread. Everyone is welcome!
- The Other 4H Group: the next book is Meeting Jesus for the First Time Again: The Historical Jesus and the Heart of Contemporary Faith by Marcus J. Borg. We will meet to discuss this book on Thursday, April 12 at 6:30 PM at Las Margaritas Restaurant. Everyone is welcome!
- Discussion of The Robe by Lloyd C. Douglas on Thursday, May 10 at 6:30 PM at Las Margaritas Restaurant.